Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Loren is back to work

So Loren left today for Daytona and will be gone till late Saturday Night. The race is Saturday and Kevin is driving this time. He is sharing the car with Tony Stewart (who we only like when he's driving the car :-) and Ryan Newman ( I think we like him always...) I think Cale Gale is also driving on some short tracks. They will all drive the car through out the season. We got some good drivers so I hope some races get won this year. I know most of you don't car about this and normally I would not either but seriously I have no life and I watch NASCAR now just to get a look at Loren if I can. If you are ever bored like me watch during Qualifying, you can usually see him. He isn't part of the pit crew that goes over the wall but he does catch tires as they are thrown back and gets the extra gas can. He mostly helps with set up before the races.

One last thing (I know you all want all the info you can get) people are confused who he works for so I'll try to break it down for you. Loren is employed by KHI (Keving Harvick Inc.) He works on the Nationwide Series #33 car. The driver changes race to race between the guys I mentioned above. The main reason for this is sponsorship. So, this is the tricky part...Kevin Harvick owes this car (as well as 2 Trucks in Camping World Truck Series) but he, himself is employed by RCR and drives in the Cup Series #29 Penske Car. This is not who Loren works for. So, the race last weekend Kevin won (yeah for him) that had nothing to do with Loren because Kevin was driving the #29 Cup Car for RCR.

I know nobody cared about this but I get questions on it sometimes. So, when in doubt root for the #33 car in the Nationwide Series. Doesn't matter who the Sponsor is or who is driving it, just know Loren is there and he helped build it. Here's the car from last year. I don't have a current picture of it with the Sponsor this year. It will look different for most of the races.

This ends my lesson in NASCAR. If you stuck around this long you get an 'A'. If you didn't you fail...sorry, that's just how it goes.

5 comments:

Abs said...

K, I don't understand any of the car talk, but so sorry Loren is gone. I hope you are holding up okay and not wanting to kick your kids out the door. Thanks for clarifying all the stuff with Loren's employer anyway.

Alicia said...

I was actually curious. Thanks for explaining it to me! One of these days you will have to let me know how Loren got into racing. Good luck! Much Love.

Benjamin Boyles said...

very enlightening thanks weeka

Laura and Jimmy said...

hee hee, you're funny and i'm happy i got an A :)

Rhiannon said...

Becca, my son wanted NASCAR Valentine's for his friends, and granted they aren't of number 33 I thought of you. Happy Valentine's Day.

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing