Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hangin' in the Sun

This past week has been so nice and somewhat warm! Which makes me very happy. we saw mid 70's a few times and took advantage of it one day when we had Loren with us and went to the park. Here's a picture of Justin hanging on to a race car. The pose was his idea.
Sadly enough, I think this was Case's first time on a swing! He really loved it. It's kinda hard to get an action shot but just look at his face. Loving it!
Justin and Case going down the slides together. It's so much more fun when they can do stuff together. Now if we can only get Case to walk with us he will totally be in there.
I thought this picture was so great of my handsome boys. We had a fun time at the park and enjoyed the last of the warm weather. (Have I ever mentioned I HATE the cold?)
Ok...so I had a great opportunity to go to Atlanta, GA this weekend for a Scentsy Regional Conference. Can I first just say that I have not been without my kids since January and I really needing those 27 hours away! I drove to Atlanta Friday night (4 1/2 hours) and stayed with Amy Carter (Abby Wilson's sister) and her family. Thank you so much for letting me crash at your home even thou you've only meet me a few times. Ya'll really saved me a ton of money! I got there in time for bed and was out the door by 7am the next morning. The Conference was in Atlanta so I had about an hour drive that morning. I think the main reason I went was because I had signed up 3 recruits in September and I really have no idea what I'm doing. I got into Scentsy because I wanted to help pay my Summer travels and it did. But then I signed up some people and I had to think about someone else's success besides mine. I had to decide if I wanted to just Sell or if I wanted to Sell and really make a go at this. I learned alot at the conference and met some great people who are in my area. I've been kinda by myself since I signed up so it was great to meet others that I can go to for suggestions.
So, driving home I really thought about everything and I really think I want to make a go at this. I'd love to not only make a little money on the side for me but I'd love to help contribute to our household. We really want to buy another house and keep our TN home and continue to rent it out. And with the economy the way it is we're gonna have to have a decent down payment. So my new goal is to work towards saving for a home.
I know you don't really care about this but I'm really excited about it. I got to meet the Owners of Scentsy, Orville and Heidi Thompson. My sister Amy actually knows them from 15 years ago before they bought Scentsy. They tried to talk her into being a consultant 4 years ago but she was too busy. She thought is was pretty funny when I told her what I had signed up for back in March. I had meet Heidi and Orville when I was like 13 visiting my sister so it was fun to meet them again. This company is growing so fast out West and it's just starting in the South so I'm excited about the possibilities! If you want to know more about Scentsy just click www.scentsy.com/rkern



3 comments:

Chesney said...

I am so glad that you were able to get away. Good Luck with your new path.

PILCHERS said...

oh..i am so jealous you got to go do this !!! we were supposed to have a directors retreat in dallas in january...but they changed it to a cruise and that is harder for me to do..so i am way jealous of you getting to go. so glad you are excited about Scentsy and helping your team succeed. Keep up the good work!!

Heather said...

Looks like a great day at the park!

Good luck with your decision to move forward with you business. By the way, do you have any pumpkin pie scents?

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing