Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Virginia Trip

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post...I've been a little distracted and every time I sat down to write something, I had my camera in my car and couldn't upload the pictures that I wanted. I know you're probably thinking...why doesn't she just get off her lazy butt and go out to the car and get the camera...well I don't have a good answer for that.

In case anybody is wondering which dress I picked, it was the Blue one. I had a pretty even split on both dresses. However, I have yet to return the Green dress so who knows...

This past weekend we had a pretty spontaneous trip to Norfolk, VA. Loren's brother Garrett is in the Navy and his ship the, USS Whidbey Island came in after being out since last October. We meet up with his mom from Portland and girlfriend, Susan from Savannah, GA. We had a hotel right on the Ocean . The sun just about blinded me the first morning looking out on the Ocean! (reminded me of what Edward Cullen would look like in the sun...if you don't know what I'm talking about, SHAME ON YOU!) On Saturday we paid $17.00 to drive from Norfolk to the East Peninsula of VA. Apparently building a 17.5 mile long bridge/underwater tunnel is impressive and they charge you a mortgage payment just to see it! The rest of the day was spent on the beach building a sand castle and just hanging out with Nanna who we don't get to see often enough. On Sunday we meet up with Susan and waited on the Naval Base for a couple hours in the cold and wind. I wish I had gotten some pictures of the skanky girls waiting for their man after 7 long months...Susan felt bad that she was severely overdressed! Oh-well! Justin thought the ship was pretty cool and was glad to see his Uncle Garrett again. We all got to spend a few hours together before we had to drive home Sunday night.
(Seriously! I need a tan!)



Lastly...a little hubby bragging is in order. After a few weeks of Loren sick of seeing all my Scentsy crud all over the floor he finally built me a desk to help keep me organized. I love it and someday I will get organized! (so I know many of you will be jealous of my floral 1980's wallpaper behind the desk)



This is picture of the boys waiting for Loren to finish building the desk so we could all go home.

6 comments:

Abs said...

I really like that family picture! It looks like you had a nice time. And how nice of Loren to build you a desk. I need something like that for all my Creative Memories stuff.

The Miller's said...

Awww love the pictures!!! I want to go to the beach. We might go in Sept. If i feel crazy enough to bring a baby. But little trips like that are so fun.

Elissa said...

It looks like you had a fun trip! Did your boys love the beach? I think unplanned trips are the best!

Chesney said...

You look so great. I am glad that you guys had fun. Way to get organized. I am proud of you!

Becca said...

Love the beach pictures. Who knew that Loren was a desk-maker and a washing machine stacker thinger maker? :) That guy is talented.

The Miller's said...

Ok we talked to Dereck Yesterday for mothers day. You want to know what he asked. How are the Kerns? I told him to go to your blog so he could see pictures of the boys

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing