Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Verdict Is In!

I got a lot of different advice on how to handle Case's Paci addiction. I really have been toying with this for a few months now. I felt like by taking it away during the day was a good start but if I didn't do it now it was going to be harder down the road. To those who were on Case's side and supported his Paci, believe me...he thanks you and wants to come live with you cause I'm a mean mom! I got my idea from my friend Whitney. Someone she knows did it this way and I thought it was cute. (I should add that Whitney didn't fully support me in doing it now. She wanted to wait till 2...It's ok...Case likes you more than me right now)

I took him to Build A Bear and we brought all his Paci's. The girl helping us felt really bad about being the bad guy. She said she felt like the nurse at the doctor's office giving shots. Case picked out this cute dog that we named, "Paci" ( I know I'm cruel. Sorry!) We decided to put all 4 Paci's inside and place them where he can feel them. I thought this would make him happy...I was wrong...

Here he is thinking what a fun game this is. He loves "lets hide my paci game"! He did this willingly until the last one which we had to pry out of his mouth. But still no tears yet...Oh man!!! Only 2 left!
Bye Bye Paci! You've been a great friend to me. You've loved me when my mom thought it was "tough love" to let me "cry it out" when I was just a baby. I'll always love you...I'll never let you go...I'll never let you go...(sorry I had to throw Titanic in there)
He thought stuffing the dog was really fun. The machine made a lot of noise. (Sorry Justin is picking his nose)
"Hey mom my Paci's stuck in this dog's foot. Anybody have a knife on them so I can cute it out? Anybody...anybody..."
So, I did this on Thursday. Thursday night was kinda rough going to bed. I almost cracked and killed the dog myself just to make my baby boy happy again! It was heart breaking! He cried for almost an hour until I finally layed down with him. He woke up again at 2am upset but only cried for 10 minutes. The next day he cried at nap time for only 5 minutes. That next night he cried maybe 5 minutes. The third night no crying. Just held onto the dogs foot and went to sleep. Overall, I'm glad I did it now and not later. I'm sure I would have talked myself out of it at 2. Paci the Dog is treated with love and respect. He likes to carry it around during the day and squeeze his tummy and legs to feel the paci's and laugh. I don't think he'll need to much therapy in the future for this. At least I hope not!
As a side note, Case was supposed to be napping today but instead we found him doing this! Seriously, Justin was never like this. The thought would never come to his mind to do this. I couldn't help but laugh. And thankfully it wasn't a sharpie! (obviously he's still a happy kid!)

5 comments:

The Nashville Neely's said...

:) I just read the other blog and all the comments. I guess I"m a bit heartless, cause Taylor was done with the paci at 1, and I'm thinking about taking Maddie's away already and she's only 7 months. I figure, get rid of it before they get too attached. I LOVE this idea though. I have a friend who could use this. I'm so excited to tell her! We'll see how it goes.

~MaDiSOn~ said...

What a creative way to get rid of a pacifier. I don't think that I would of put as much effort in it. I just snipped the tip of it and then Madison didn't like it and then she was done. Now I need to do the same thing with Ella.

The Miller's said...

I know when my friend told me about it I thought it was such a good idea. Your kiddos are so cute!!! And I love his little velvet Dog

Becca said...

Wow, you did it! I'm waiting for the post when he rips the bears leg off so he can get them back! LOL
Way to go...sounds like a success.

Lucinda said...

What a great idea! I may have to do this with Katelyn! So funny about what kids do when they're supposed to be napping - maybe it's a 2nd child thing but Katelyn is the same way! :)

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing