Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Case needs your vote!

So, I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of Case's paci. 2 months ago I took it away during the day and he did fine with that. I really want to get rid of it all together now. I was going to wait till he turned 2 but I seriously don't want to have to keep track of it all summer while we are on vacation. He REALLY loves his pace!
He loves to hide them all over the house. When we moved I think I found 6 hidden. (which meant I had to buy 6 new ones at some point)

The love he feels for his paci's is the same as what Justin feels for his "baby". Would I take away his baby? Heck NO! I would drive an hour out of my way just to bring it back from where he left it. I would spend $30+ on overnight shipping just to have a replacement. Then proceed to run over it just to make it look gross like the old one. I did this 2 different times!
Just look at his love and pure joy at having all these paci's! What would you do? Case would appreciate your vote on the matter.
Thanks!

6 comments:

The Miller's said...

So cute!!!! I dont know what I would do..I would maybe wait till he is 2 where he might understand it a little better..

I have a friend her little boy was attached to his so she took him to Build a Bear and he picked out what he wanted and before they closed the bear up where you put the heart inside he put his paci in there and that was the end of it ALL GONE!

She said he never asked for it again he new where it was but he never wanted it back.

Unknown said...

Sigh..my little Aubrielle still has hers and she is 2 1/2. She's been through a lot the last little while and we couldn't take that from her too. We have confined it to sleep times for the most part. She too has her collection and is beyond happy to be surrounded by them. Little by little they are disappearing..the others NEVER had theirs this long..I guess the baby does get away w/ everything.

Amy said...

I say the break shoulda been made a long time ago - but I'm heartless like that. I do think it's HILARIOUS that you've gone to such lengths to keep BABY "original." Now that's love!

Priceless Heritage said...

I am a softey. Porter still has his binks and I'm just fine letting him have them. Kendel had them until she was three and the "binky fairy" came and took them but left a nice suprise each week until they were all gone which took 10 weeks :) Just keep the binks if he LOVES them :) That's my vote.

Sarah said...

Get rid of it.
I got rid of Elle's and Ashlee's by taking them to the store...I hyped it up for a week, and let them pick out a toy. They paid the cashier with a ziplock bag of paci's. When they would beg for them, I would say, "oh no, you used them to buy your toy...darn it" and then I would walk away. It took a few days, but then the drama was over.
P.S. I think I have two here from your visit...want me to overnight them?

Becca said...

Hmmm...that's a tough one. It would be great to break the habit and to not have to worry about it on your trip. Have you heard about the trick where you just poke a tiny hole in them so the suction isn't really there anymore? That might work...

However, it might also be a saving grace for a few weeks away from home. Ya know, something constant that he can find comfort in... I'm kind of a sucker when it comes to traveling. I want everyone to be happy, quiet, and sleep like rocks! :) May the force be with you.

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing