Our Guest Book!

Hello to all and thanks for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy and we also want to know you visited! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign our Guest Book!!!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn


Hey Ladies (not sure how many guys read this...)


So as most of you know the 4th book of the Twilight series came out on Saturday, August 2nd and that I am just a little obsessed! I attended the midnight party at Barnes and Noble and I was sure that I was the only (almost) 30 something there who wasn't bringing her daughter. I talked my friend Carly into going with me so I wasn't a total loser. When we got there we were totally under-dressed! All the young girls were in prom dress and all gothed out. Funny huh? We waited our turn and got my book and I was on my way by 12:10am.


So, I only allowed myself one chapter and then went to bed. I spent the WHOLE day reading that book. By the time my kids were in bed I was getting ready to get back on the couch and assume the position when I looked down at the living room floor... I swear I think the only thing the boys ate all day was fish crackers and fruit snacks cause the area rug was covered in it! I'm a great mom huh? I did warn Loren before hand what the day was going to look like. He had no high expectations! I am happy to say I finished the book at 1am Sunday morning. I seriously couldn't put it down! I'm really sad now that it is over and I have nothing to look forward to till the movie. I really want the story to continue. She did leave it kinda open but the last page did say THE END!


I'd love to know any ones comments on the final book when you finish reading it. I don't expect everyone to be a loser mom and wife like me and have it read in one day. I can wait patiently for a few days for someone to read it!


I won't put any SPOILERS in the post but I am going to leave a comment in that section for a discussion. So...IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING...DON'T READ THE COMMENTS!!!!


YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

7 comments:

Becca said...

So if you are reading this comment section I hope you have finished the final book or you just don't care!

I just wanted to say that a couple of my ideas were right.

1. I knew Bella was gonna marry Edward and I totally guessed she was gonna get pregnant. My sister said Vampires can't produce cause of some lame idea about blood flow and him being "happy" we'll call it. But I just thought Stephenie Meyer would do what ever she wants! So I was right. I did appreciate the honeymoon chapter. She still left if kinda PG but I'll tell you know my imagination sure didn't:-)

2. I really thought that Jacob would imprint on someone but I was WAY OFF on who! I thought it would be Leah not Bella and Edwards Baby! Wierd!!! Atleast there is no longer a need for Team Edward and Team Jacob. Stephenie totally squashed any connection I had for Bella and Jacob.

A few other toughts...I really liked the Jacob perspective. I laughed alot through out that section of the book. His attitude and sence of humor were comical. I thought the standoff at the end could have been more exciting like Eclipse was but it was pretty kinda nice that Bella could finally kick some butt!

Please leave your thoughts. I'd love to hear them...

Becca

Abs said...

Okay I haven't read the book, but I wondered how your Saturday went. I think I need to reread the other two before I get my hands on this one. Anyway I like your new blog and I will talk to you later.

Sarah said...

Well - maybe I'll try reading book two again (who know what the hell it's called - I'm kinda lame that way). FYI - I ended up feeding lunch to several friends children because they were too busy locked up in their rooms reading, so I invited hubbies and children over for pizza on Saturday. They loved it.
I miss you!!

AMANDA said...

I will say that I was shocked to see Jacob imprint on Bella's baby but in the end it works because now Bella can have it all....The standoff at the end was cool...remember how in all the other books whenever they had a fight or something coming up, Bella always wanted to help in some way to save everyone and keep them safe and she would always plan a way to work it out?? Well she finally got her chance and she was the ONLY one that did save them all from getting hurt...Loved that!! I'm sad its over though... :(

Laura and Jimmy said...

Okay, I'm being careful not to look at the comments because I'm only 1/2 way through, but I had to say there were many 30 somethings that went to the midnight book parties. My friends and I had a twilight party the night before and played a great game of Twilight Jeopardy! :D

Amy said...

I finally finished the book at girls camp, felt a little guilty, but quickly got over it as I continued to hear "Renesmee" comments all around camp all week long. There were even girls in the bathroom saying that they were going to name their kid Renesmee. Go figure!

Marquita said...

Ok, I just finished the book because I've been sooo busy with school starting and babysitting, and whatever!

I really liked the book. A few parts seemed to drag on and on to me, but I still loved it.

At first, I was kind of weirded out by Jacob imprinting on Renesmee, but it worked out in the end.

And by the way, I totally hate the name Renesmee. I understand that it's part Renee and part Esme, but it was sooo hard for me to pronounce in my head. I got sooo frustrated. Dumb, I know! lol I finally made the name stick in my mind, and I sort of got used to it. But I'm still not a huge fan of the name.

I loved Renesmee's character tho. She seemed sooo sweet and angelic.

I'm sad the books are over, but I guess I can always re-read them! Ü

Sign Our Guestbook!

Case standing